Vastu Tips–HOME AND LIVING—-
The Vastu Shastra is a concept prevailing in India for a long time now. It can be well said that the principles of Vastu dates back to about …. of years ago and constitutes the norms and specifications guarding the constructional and architectural pattern of a building. The word “Vastu” has derived from the word “Vastoshpati”, which has its origin in the Rig Veda. This is one of the rationales that needs to be followed whenever a house is been constructed as the Vastu rules are dedicated towards the “Vastu Purush”, who is the gurdian deity of the house. If a house is raised by maintaining the major Vastu tips, then it is well assured that it will lead to the well-being of the habitation in general.
The domain dealing with Vastu Shastra is indeed extensive and it is not possible to include all of it within this limited scope. The only point that needs to be remembered is that, while you are setting up the home certain Vastu tips needs to be implemented in the process. Here is a set of few Vastu tips that can apparently appear to be very simple but all of them are significant in their own aspect in defining the prosperity of the house and the welfare of the inhavitants.
The Vastu tips are applicable for all kind of dwelling areas, such as, personal houses, office premises, and plots of lands. Some of the important ones are
- No room in the house should be triangular, oval, or round in shape.
- There should be no houses in the area around your plot that can create an obstruction to your house.
- The room for worship in the house should be airy and spacious. It is better if the flooring is made of marble.Cleanliness should always be maintained. The latrines should never be adjacent to the worship room.
- Marble is considered as a holy stone and so it should always be kept clean. Care should be taken that stuff like leather shoes should never be scattered here and there on a marble floor. It is better not to have the flooring of the bedroom, the bathroom and the latrine made of marble.
- Stale food, torn clothes, withered flowers, waste paper, empty bins and jars should never be stored in a house as it hinders the entrance of Goddess Lakshmi in the house.
- The entrance to the lift should never face the main gate of the house.
- The doors and windows of the room must open up outward.
- The furniture must be arranged in a square, a circle, or an octagon.
- It is not advisable to keep the doors of the bathroom and the toilets open.
- It is better to enable the wind coming from the southwest direction enter the bedroom.
- Don’t keep any water feature, plant and even the Television in the bedroom.
- It is not at all good to keep a mirror in the kitchen. Never keep a mop or a broom at any visible part of the room, not even in the kitchen.
- The dining room should never face the front door of the house.
- It is also not a right way to keep some prickly plants and cactuses in one’s house.
- There should be a bright light at the main entrance of the house and all the corners of the house should be brightened up with adequate lighting.
- In the office, one must always sit facing the main door, the computer should be placed at the right side of the person and it will be nice to hang a picture of the mountains behind you in the office.
- The living room wall should have a happy family picture on it.
Sigi says follow these simple rules and the good furtune of your sweet home will be well assured.