Vastu Tips for Doors and Windows —
The doors and windows are essential furnishing articles of the house. These are used for insulation purposes. They provide comfort in working at the house. The following are important points that one should consider before designing the doors and windows.
- Maximum number of doors and windows should open in the North and East as compared to the South and West.
- The doors and windows should be in even numbers like ., 4, 6, 8 etc. but not .. and multiple of 8.
- The main door of house should be taller than other doors. It should be of two shutters.
- There should not be any obstruction in front of main door like big trees; pole etc. There should not be any temple opposite to the house too.
- The doors should not be placed in center of the wall. It should be far from the centre. It should not be in extreme corner.
- For doors and windows one type of wood should be used. Teak wood is the best option for doors and windows.
- The doors and windows should be rectangular. The doors having irregular or square shapes are not auspicious.
- The doors should not close automatically; it may affect the health of children.
- The doors should not be over size or under sized. Its size should be of ratio .:. in regard to height and width.
- If the door is making noise while moving, it should be repaired otherwise it can cause quarrel.
- There should not be cracked door in a house. It should be replaced as soon as possible.
- The entrance door should be well decorated with pictures and decorative pieces.
- The main entrance door of two houses opposite to each other should not be opened towards to each other.
- If there is more than one floor in a building, one door over another door should be avoided.
Note: Any picture of God should not be hanged at outer side of the door.